20 Thornycroft Street, Fendalton A Standout In Thornycroft...Tweet
- 20 Thornycroft BC.pdf
- 20 Thornycroft Street information booklet without BC email v.pdf
- BCN_2018_6098 - Consent - Plans - APPROVED.PDF
- BCN_2018_6098 - Consent - Section 51.PDF
- BCN_2018_6098 - Consent - Supporting Documents - APPROVED-compressed.pdf
Property DescriptionThis elegant, architecturally designed home, with its beautifully crafted cedar and stone exterior, has a long list of desirable features, starting with its location in one of Fendalton's most sought after streets.
Designed and built by the multi award-winning combination of architectural designer John Curtin and D.J Hewitt Builders and set in grounds designed by the acclaimed Ben McMaster, this highly specified and beautifully decorated 375 sqm home offers an exceptional level of detail and style.
Built for all day sun the three living areas and dining area all open to the private north-facing patios and grounds. This provides a great deal of flexibility in the home, allowing each area to be used individually or taking advantage of their natural flow for large scale entertaining.
The designer kitchen partners an enviable aesthetic with sheer practicality, using a combination of Corian bench tops and beech veneer cabinetry to create large workable spaces and generous storage. The Delonghi gas hob and 900mm oven make for easy catering for friends and family, as does the long expanse of the central island which incorporates the breakfast bar.
Energy-efficient and sustainable, this home combines in-slab heating, and gas fires with a top of the line Fronius Galvo 2.5 kilowatt solar PV system and LED lighting throughout. Similarly highly specified is the Bowers & Wilkins built in surround sound system, providing sound inside and out.
Four beautifully appointed bedrooms and three bathrooms include a double bedroom with its own bathroom downstairs which is ideal for installing guests well away from the family bedrooms.
Upstairs two of the three double bedrooms, including the main suite, have a walk-in wardrobe while the third enjoys three larger than usual built in wardrobes, one of which has access to the loft.
While a family bathroom, including a bath as well as a shower services two of the bedrooms the main bedroom has a large tiled ensuite with a walk-in glass walled shower.
There's a real sense of peace and seclusion here, yet it is still a direct and swift commute to central Christchurch and all the benefits of its blue-chip location with a pedestrian walkway through to Waiwetu Street and Fendalton Primary School at the end of the private cul-de-sac.
You can add to this easy access to Christchurch's most desirable private and public schools including Christchurch Boys High, Christchurch Girls High, St Andrews College and all the retail, café and restaurant delights of the neighbouring Fendalton Shopping Precinct and Strowan Village.
Our owners have moved on so be quick- properties such as this do not come to market often!
Please fill in the form below and we'll email you a link to download the PropertyFiles, instantly.
Terms of SupplyBy accepting the information contained in this PropertyFile, I acknowledge I have read, understood and accepted the terms on which the information is made available.
1. Where information is supplied by the agent to customers, the information is information in possession of the Vendor(s) that the Vendor(s) are making available to the customer without endorsement.
2. No representation is made by the agent or the Vendor(s) as to the accuracy, or to the reliability, of any information made available to the customers.
3. The customer will seek such advice and explanation the customer may require from an independent specialist of their choosing.
4. Should the purchaser decide not to obtain their own specialist advice, they are deemed to have satisfied themselves on all aspects of the property and are buying solely in reliance on their own judgement and contrary to the recommendation of the agent.
5. By registering you give consent to receive newsletters from the listing agent and/or PropertyFiles which you may unsubscribe from anytime.